Sunday, September 21, 2014

College essay final

 Prompt for university of Florida: We often hear the phrase "the good life." In fact, the University of Florida's common course required of all undergraduate students is titled "What is the Good Life?" 
  
        As a typical 6 year old I wanted to be a princess, living in a pink castle with a prince who  rode a white horse .As a 10 year old I wanted to be a Victoria secret model who  lived in a 10 story mansion with zac efron ( Ov course having a pool, bowling alley and a movie theater) . Now as a 15 year old, my perspective of the perfect life I wanted seemed to change. I no longer wanted to be a princess with a pink castle and being a Victoria secret model is the least of my worries.
        I  dream of waking  up to the smell of fresh coffee mingling in the air of my 2 story house in salt lake. Steadily putting on my auburn coat and touching up my make up, ready for another day of work. "Let's go guys " I shout to my kids at the doorstep . We all rush to the car,  knowing that we had a lot of traffic coming our way. I kiss my kids good bye and kept an eye on them while we drove away from kamehameha schools. The car got quiet and all I could hear was the breaks and engines of cars while we filled up all 3 lanes. I gaze at myself in the rear-view mirror while practicing lines, " Good morning Hawaii and welcome to KHON2 news " " The weather today is partly cloudy and there's a 60% chance of rain ".  I giggled  then turned into the parking lot of the building. I sit in my car for approximately 10 minutes , staring at the " KHON 2 NEWS " sign. I look back to my high school days. late night studying, room filled with homework and those nights where I would get absolutely no sleep.  All this hard work and dedication led me into the right pathway of getting into college.  I now think about my family,Being able to support them by putting dinner on the table every night  and always teaching them how to make the right decisions.  Having a good paying job , enough to pay all the bills and  having spending money for my family. Thinking about how far I've made it and how all the hard work paid off. Rather then being a Victoria secret model or a princess this is the definition of the " good life ". I want to have an average life, something simple so Ov course being married to zac efron is out of the picture.  Having a decent house, a family and having a job that I love to do. 
         At the end of our lives,  we all want to feel  that we lived the life we were born to live. Taking chances and  risks  will help us learn from our mistakes and shape us into better people, hopefully to  also  not make the same mistakes again.  A life full of doing bad things will only leave us with a life full of regrets. Setting goals for yourself and never giving up can give you the " good life". The good life is  going to be able to look back at all the hard work and accomplishments I did to build me into the strong and successful women I wish to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment