Friday, January 30, 2015

allusion peom- megara hercules




People always do crazy things... 
When they're in love
Paying the price 
of putting others before myself,
Abandoned and broken
I wasn't the golden token

You were my world
Willing to do anything for you,
Putting your happiness before my own
Thinking that you would have done the same for me,
and thats where I was wrong


Now keeping my walls up
Brick by brick,
Afraid to let others in
Telling myself 
all boys are the same,
Which kept me sane

I never wanted to be that girl again
I now liked being on my own,
I no longer cared what others thought,
I did whatever I wanted,
Whenever I wanted.
Now all my worries were about me, myself and I.


But now everything changed
and it all started " when you came along"
I was afraid,
To let someone finally  know me again
Torn between wanting to be alone
or having a chance to be happy again


You weren't like everyone else,
Taught me that its okay to trust someone again
Through all the heartbreaks and pain
I wouldn't be where I am today
It was worth it




































2 comments:

  1. I hardly ever compliment you, but, I actually like this poem..... haha jkjk but I love it because I can relate to it a lot. But anyways, I'm not knowledgable about this story of megara but I like your poem because I can see what concept you're trying to portray. I don't know what you could change, its all gooood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem was good but it lacked the allusion towards Meg. It was nice though :-)

    ReplyDelete